Start with your Budget
Your final choice of materials and appliances will make a big difference in how well you stick to what you can afford – we curate your options for materials in your target budget and also show more deluxe options for your consideration. The point is you need to have a budget goal to help guide us and maintain your budget-awareness. Consider doing some research on typical kitchen renovation price points in your region so you can prepare a realistic budget.
Imagine & Dream
What are your style preferences, and what amenities are needed in your new kitchen? Get ideas from home magazines such as Martha Stewart Living, Dwell, etc. You might also want to print some images from websites such as Pinterest. All of your ideas will give your designer a clear starting point for developing a kitchen design that truly fits your tastes and needs.
Research Kitchen Design
Search Google and other sites to find designs that speak to you and your sense of style – do some bookmarking of kitchens that have features you want on your wish list. We advise you to consider the architectural style of your home. A modern style kitchen renovation in a traditional, older home is likely to clash and not make architectural sense. We advise you about possible pitfalls of this kind every step of the way.
Any time you put into research before meeting with us is time well spent!
Call us: 845-353-4433
Working with your kitchen designer
- Schedule a consultation: Call us or use our contact form to tell us more about your project before we meet. Tel 845-353-4433
- Initial Meeting in your home: First we need to look at your project together and talk about how we would work together.
- Design Proposal: If you decide to retain us we will come to your house to take exact measurements of your space. Then we will draw a design proposal that addresses your concerns and ideas.
- Material Selections: Upon settling on a design the next phase is material selections expressed in earlier conversations. We revise until we agree on the final plan.
- Finalize the Design Plan: Now we finalize material selection and style and appliance details. With final drawing and material selections, we can order your project.
- Hire a contractor: A professional contractor should install your project. We will assist in referring capable contractors for your job if needed and will answer any design questions that arise. The contractor’s quote plus our quote will give you a good idea of the final cost.
- Construction: We will manage the schedule of material deliveries and address any issues that come up during the installation process. We stay on your project until completion. This will spare both you and your contractor countless headaches remodeling your space.
- Project Completion: With your permission, we will photograph your completed project.